Our Dallas Members are active in the news and in publishing their own books. Here is some of the latest information!
In the Press:
- Fall Creek Vineyards, Winner 2012 Houston Rodeo Uncorked Awards
- Runner-up, Texas Businesswoman of the Year (Click here for the press release)
- Fall Creek Vineyards 2011 Awards (Click here for a link to the awards)
- Fall Creek Vineyards 2010 Awards (Click here for the press release)
Borga, Dunia - La Duni Restaurant voted "Best Bakery for Sweets" in D Magazine's "Best of Big D 2011." Click here for more.
- On Gourmet Live - click here.
- On Showcase Minnesota - click here.
- Good Morning Texas - click here and here.
- The Irish Kitchen is now on Hulu! Click here and hover over Rachel's logo, then click to play.
- With Martha Stewart! Click here and here.
Hunt, Caroline Rose - Winner of 2012 TACA Silver Cup Award for outstanding contributions to the arts. Click here for more.
Featured in Entree Dallas
American Cheese Society Annual Awards mention in D Magazine
Meet the Boss on CBS News
Mozzarella Company was one of twelve cheesemakers in the USA to win the Good Food Award for Hoja Santa Goat Cheese in 2012.
Luscher, Courtney - Click here to see a D Magazine article on "Grape Dames in Dallas."
Mattie, Lynn - featured in this Dallas Morning News video describing the new craze in breakfast sweeping the city.
Turpen, Caris - Click here to read a recent review in Crave DFW.
The Cheese Lover’s Cookbook & Guide, Simon & Schuster, 2000
Cheese, Glorious, Cheese!, Simon & Schuster, 200
- Big Ranch, Big City Cookbook (co-author with Louis Lambert), Ten Speed Press, 2011
- Cooking the Cowboy Way (co-author with Grady Spears), Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2009
- The Texas Cowboy Kitchen (co-author with Grady Spears), Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2007
- Tea Time Entertaining, Best Books Award, published 2004. Featured in TEA, A MAGAZINE, Spring 2011 issue.
- Culinaria The United States, A Culinary Discovery, Koneman, 1998, Chapter on Texas food and wine co-authored with Madge Griswold
- Dallas is Cooking!, 1992, Houston Gourmet Publishing.
- Ft. Worth is Cooking!, self-published 1993.
- North American Wine Routes, a Reader's Digest Book published in London by Anova Books Limited 2010, wrote the chapter on Texas Wineries and Wines.
- Entree to Judaism, URJPress, 2010
Cooking With Les Dames d'Escoffier
What if you could invite Alice Waters, M. F. K. Fisher, and Marcella Hazan into your kitchen as you make dinner? Imagine Julia Child looking over your shoulder as you prepare Julia's Lobster Newberg, or Gina Batali giving you her prized recipe for Batali Family Stuffed Artichokes?
Les Dames d'Escoffier International (LDEI) is the premier association of female culinary professionals, started in 1973 in response to the all-male Les Amis d'Escoffier. In the organization's first national cookbook, the Dames share their most essential dishes--the ones they cook at home for family and friends. Here are such delights as Lidia Bastianich's hearth-warming Pork Rib Guazzetto, Susan Feniger's Roasted Black Cod with Horseradish Coulis and Farmers' Carrots, Anne Willan's elegant Twice-Baked Spinach Soufflés, and Alice Medrich's Bittersweet Soufflés with Nibby Cream.
More than 125 recipes provide the range from appetizers to salads and soups, main courses (including vegetarian options) and sides to baking and desserts. Cooking with Les Dames d'Escoffier also offers up a wonderfully eclectic and informed array of foodie sidebars: the lowdown on screw-cap wines, how boxed phyllo dough can be a lifesaver, how to pair beverages and food, new ways to enjoy caviar, favorite kitchen tools, how to perfectly turn out a cake from its pan, and much more.
Click here to order.